Five Commonly Used Commercial Flooring Products
Selecting flooring for your commercial space can be more multi-faceted than you might first expect. There are many contributing factors to consider when making the final decision. Do you require a smooth surface for machinery to easily glide across? Will you or your work staff be on their feet for long hours? These are major questions you should be asking yourself to determine which flooring would work best. Typically, there are five different types of surfaces most commonly used in commercialized space.
- Concrete Etching: This option can leave your floor with warmth and rich earthy tones. As cement has a tendency of not retaining or being able to hold paint or stain, etching is done to create pores in the surface, allowing stain to hold.
- Epoxy Coating: Most commonly used in commercial settings, Epoxy coatings cover wide surface areas of hard material such as concrete or steal. It creates a barrier over the surface which seals and aids water resistance. It consists of an epoxy resin that is crossed with a co reactant or hardener.
- Vinyl Planking: Luxury planking has become a hot topic of debate in recent years for its upswings and draw backs. Visually, vinyl planking is unmatched. The variety of textures and options are forever changing and updating. Structurally though, it is not nearly as strong as its competition. It also is not as environmentally friendly as the access pieces that remain unused after installation typically ends up in the trash. Harsh cleaning chemicals are also known to warp vinyl after prolonged exposure.
- Quarry tile: Is a as durable of a flooring product that you can get, although it offers little design versatility. It’s available in earth tones, hues of red, gray and tan. Quarry tile is a perfect fit where function precedes form. Common places to find this are in commercial kitchens, receiving and loading dock areas. It a low maintenance with a quick mop with degreaser after every shift.
- Carpet tile: When it comes to soft-surface flooring, carpet tile is long lasting and easy to maintain. When you have a broadloom carpet it is ruined, and you have to replace the entire roll. With the carpet tiles you can take out a piece when it is ruined and replace with new tiles. The nice thing there is almost nowhere you can’t install carpet tiles.
As with any project, there are many options to weigh and decisions to make to prevent any unexpected issues present themselves. As always, SERVPRO of Racine County is here to help you with any questions or assistance you may need! Give us a call today!