Recent General Posts
We can service your needs
At SERVPRO of Racine County, we make it our mission to always treat your home and belongings with the utmost respect and care. Whether you have water, fire or mold damage, know that you can count on us to quickly clean and restore your precious home in a timely manner. We can help with anything from a large scale disaster to minor cleaning and repair. Known as a 'one stop shop' we are able to complete our projects internally, saving you the hassle of contacting multiple companies to finish the work needed. We won't stop working until you feel at ease. It's what we do! You are our highest priority and we will always be there when you call.
Call today (262) 633-8888
When Disaster Strikes
SERVPRO is leading the industry in restoration and strives to live up to that reputation. Using top of the line equipment and trained experts to respond to each and every disaster gives us an advantage over other competitors. Each of our locations are equipped with everything we may need to immediately arrive to any emergency. From air movers to dehumidifiers we house all of our tools in heated garages, cleaned and prepared to go. Whether dealing with fire damages, flood waters, bio-hazard or mold, we arrive on scene ready to help. When your home or business is affected by adverse weather we are able to help restore the aftermath. Disaster can happen at any moment and with little warning, give us a call when you find yourself in its path.
What thoughts come to mind when you hear the word “Disaster”?
SERVPRO of Racine County has been owned and operated by the Weber Family for over 30 years. Our disaster relief and restoration company is one of the most sought after and reliable family owned franchises in the state of Wisconsin. Specializing in water, mold and fire remediation and restoration, we have seen the worst that Mother Nature and man made disasters can create. But our expertise doesn’t stop there. Handling both commercial and residential sized losses, we also sanitize and disinfect with our deep cleaning procedures. We provide services outside the normal as well, ranging from crime scene clean up, board up after fire loss and total rebuild after mitigation. Have questions on cost? Our crew leaders will calculate the damages and give you and estimate before repairs ever begin. Working closely with your insurance company, we are able to incorporate your needs as well as consider the budget to have it completed. We will work with any insurance provider to ensure you receive exceptional service during some of the worst times you may be facing. Call us today, we are available 24 hours a day to answer any questions you may have. Disasters don’t take a break, how can we?
Winter is Coming
You read that right. Fall is tip toeing her way in as Summer is packing her bags and finding her way out. Apple orchards are prepping for their upcoming season and the crisp scent of burning leaves will soon be tickling our noses. What better time to prep your home for the upcoming bitter cold that will make her arrival in the not so distant future? Listed below are extremely helpful tools and practices to keep the warm in and the cold out. They may just help you save some valuable loot in your pocket as well.
- Simmer Down: Lower the temperature in your water heater. This one simple adjustment can save you upwards of 10% off of your water heating costs. Typically water heaters are set at a scalding 140 degrees, bringing it down to 120 degrees will save you bookoo $$$.
- Backdraft: Drafty windows and doors have the potential of wasting up to 30% of your energy use. They also can trick your thermostat into false readings. Fortunately, a simple solution such as a rolled towel at the base of the door (or create a draft snake, if you’re feeling crafty) will lock out that unwanted cold.
- Be Kind, Rewind: Turning the direction of your fan blades from counterclockwise to clockwise will actually create a warmer room. Hot air rises, the fan blades help force the warmth back into the lower part of your room.
- Out With The Old: Change your furnace filter! A commonly overlooked step in energy savings. Not only does a dirty filter restrict air flow, it also has the potential of harboring dangerous materials, such as mold, bacteria and pollen. It is best to change monthly during the winter months.
- Leaving The Abode: Lower the thermostat every time you leave your home. Each degree you lower your homes temperature can save you between 1% and 3% on your heating bill. Programmable thermostats are available that will keep on top of lowering and raising the temperature in sync with your schedule.
Being able to stay ahead of the impending cold will save you money and stress. Follow these simple steps and stay warm! As always, SERVPRO of Racine is here to help in any way we can!